What costs can I expect to see for bloodwork?
Since Parsley Health is currently out-of-network with most insurance plans, to ensure optimal coverage we recommend that you work with your insurance's preferred in-network lab such as Quest, LabCorp, or BioReference. Costs for blood work are not included in your membership fee. Please don’t complete testing without clarifying cost and coverage with your insurance company in advance, as the tests we order are very comprehensive and typically cost more than routine annual blood work.
Blood work is billed directly from the processing lab facility to your insurance plan on file. The remaining cost can vary depending on your insurance plan type and benefits, such as copay, deductible, and out-of-pocket maximum. If you are using insurance for your blood work, Parsley is unable to provide a cash estimate for the remaining out-of-pocket costs.
Many members find it helpful to ask their insurance provider the following questions:
- What percentage of in-network diagnostic laboratory services are covered by my plan?
- I’m working with an out-of-network provider. Do I have out-of-network lab coverage?
- What is my preferred in-network lab provider? Can I complete testing at Quest, LabCorp, or BioReference?
- What is my current deductible status?
- What coverage can I expect for the following testing? Ask your Care Team for a CPT document for your specific lab order, which will include both the billable CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes associated with your order. By providing these codes, a representative will be able to advise which tests are eligible for coverage based on your plan. Upon request, this CPT document will be uploaded to your My Parsley Health portal.
If you do not have insurance or do not wish to use your insurance, please reach out to your care manager for more information for our alternative out-of-pocket testing options.