Is testing included in my membership fee?
The cost of testing is not included in your membership fee—all testing is optional and costs are your responsibility. We work closely with you to review your testing options and financial comfort, then move forward only with the tests you choose.
Your specialty testing options at Parsley go beyond basic blood work to truly assess your whole-body health. In addition to comprehensive blood testing, you can also access specialty tests to assess for things like allergies, cortisol, genetics, microbiome health, and toxic metal levels, and which could include saliva, urine, and stool testing.
Depending on your insurance plan, you may receive partial or full coverage for blood work or specialty tests. Many members use their FSA/HSA to help cover the cost of specialty tests.
Please do not complete testing without clarifying cost and coverage directly with your insurance company, as the tests we order are very comprehensive and typically cost more than routine annual blood work.
When speaking with a representative from your insurance company, many members find it helpful to ask a few of the following questions:
- What percentage of in-network diagnostic laboratory services are covered by my plan?
- I’m working with an out-of-network provider. Do I have out-of-network lab coverage?
- What is my preferred in-network lab provider? Can I complete testing at Quest, LabCorp, or BioReference?
- What is my current deductible status?
- What coverage can I expect for the following testing? Ask your medical team for a CPT document for your specific lab order, which will include both the billable CPT and ICD-10 diagnosis codes associated with your order. By providing these codes, a representative will be able to advise which tests are eligible for coverage based on your plan. Upon request, this CPT document will be uploaded to your My Parsley Health portal under the “Medical Record'' section labeled accordingly.
Click here to view your lab orders.
Please reach out to your Care Team with any additional questions regarding blood work or specialty testing.