How should I prepare for my lab visit?
All fasting and timing considerations for each lab order will be specified by your Parsley clinician within your most recent Visit Note. If you need to request any changes to your lab order, please message your care team at least 24-hours prior to your scheduled lab visit. We cannot guarantee same-day changes to your testing will be available.
Before your blood draw:
- Drink plenty of water both the day before, and the morning-of your lab draw to ensure you are well hydrated ahead of your visit
- If fasting is required: please do not eat, drink coffee, or tea for 8-10 hours before your visit.
- Discontinue any vitamins or minerals 48-72 hours before the lab draw
- Continue prescription medications unless otherwise specified by your clinician
- Avoid intense exercise 24-hours prior to the lab draw.
What to bring:
- A copy of your insurance card and photo ID
- If you are visiting a local walk-in lab facility: Bring a printed copy of your lab order.
- If you are visiting our Parsley Center’s on-site lab: A printed copy is not required.
After your draw:
- If you feel dizzy or light-headed, hang around for a nutrient-dense snack, and more hydration! Our team will be by your side until you feel ready to leave.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a minimum of 4-hours after your lab draw.