How should I prepare for my lab visit?
All instructions related to your lab orders, including fasting, will be noted by your Parsley clinician in your most recent visit note. You may access your visit notes in the "Health Plan" tab of your My Parsley Profile. Your lab orders can be found here.
If you need to request any changes to your lab order, please message your medical team at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled lab visit—we can't guarantee same-day changes to scheduled test(s).
Before your blood draw:
- Drink plenty of water both the day before and the morning of your lab draw to ensure you are adequately hydrated before your visit.
- If fasting is required: please do not eat or drink coffee or tea for 8-10 hours before your visit.
- Discontinue any vitamins or minerals 48-72 hours before the lab draw.
- Continue prescription medications unless otherwise specified by your clinician.
- Avoid intense exercise 24-hours prior to the lab draw.
What to bring:
- A copy of your insurance card and photo ID
- If you are visiting a local walk-in lab facility: Bring a printed copy of your lab order.
- If you are visiting our Parsley Center’s on-site lab: A printed copy is not required.
After your draw:
- If you're at Parsley's on-site lab and feel dizzy or lightheaded, hang around for a nutrient-dense snack—and more hydration. Our team will be by your side until you feel ready to leave.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a minimum of 4-hours after your lab draw.