What do I need to know about lab testing?
- Most lab tests ordered by a Parsley Health doctor will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Parsley Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Parsley Health doctor and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Parsley Health doctor.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Parsley Health, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed. This is not included in your membership fee.
- Specimens: As a member you are not charged anything to have your lab specimen collected by our nursing staff at the Parsley Health office. You may also elect to have your specimen collected at a local collection center of your choice such as a LabCorp facility, in which case we will provide you with the documentation you need via the patient portal.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for blood work done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having blood work done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs however, including Bioreference, which is a lab often used by Parsley Health because of their favorable pricing policies for patients.